Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Boy With The Unfair Rating

So, I was quickly recapping some old album reviews on the infamous http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/, when I came across Belle & Sebastian's 1998 effort " The Boy With The Arab Strap" Now I can agree with Jason (reviewer) that it is not their best effort, however giving it a 0.8 seems a bit harsh.
I mean honestly! that puts it down there with that sorry excuse for an album Weezer put out (Make Believe) which received a deserving 0.4.
I'm going to have to go home and listen to it RIGHT after listening to "If You're Feeling Sinister" to hopefully have some insight on why it received so little.
Now do not get me wrong, I am not one to follow in the footsteps of a media source to tell me what to like, however Pitchfork has been fairly good to me and has introduced me to many innovative artists (upcoming as well as established).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home